Fall 2016 activities:
Our first meeting of Fall 2016 will be held
on Tuesday Sep 20th at 4:30pm in LSF 202. Watch
for flyers around the science building. We will have pizza, hold an
election for club Secretary, and discuss what activities to have, and
when, this semester. Hope to see you there!
See dates below for more detail on our Fall, 2016
list of events:
Sep 30 (Fri) 12:30 - 3:30 - Need
volunteers to decorate and place boxes for Supply drive around campus.
We are collecting donations to benefit the Doggone Happy Animal Rescue.
Boxes will be up between Oct 3 - 21.
Oct 3 - 21 - Supply Drive for the DogGone Shelter Intervention
(Latta, SC). Check out the DogGone
Shelter Intervention on facebook to see what good things this organization
is doing for animals. they've recently expanded their rescue to cats!
Our Supply Drive was a big success!
We raised the following
for the DogGone Shelter Intervention of Latta, SC.:
50 lb bag dog food
4 lb bag dog food
boxes/bags dog biscuits
bottles laundry detergent
box dog chow
bottles disinfectant wipes
box puppy chow
bottles hand sanitizer
bags dog treats
bottles hand lotion
cans dog food
13 lb bag cat food
boxes trash bags
small cans cat food
roll duct tape
large cans cat food
large bottles dish detergent
bag cat treats
small bottles dish detergent
rolls paper towels
Oct 3 (Mon) - Club meeting in LSF 202 at 4:30
(Light snacks provided).
- Club dues ($10) DUE on this date (either at meeting or speak with
- Plan for Oct 4th bake sale, confirm volunteers to bring items and
- Presentation (Bailey Carnes) - "How to Apply to Vet School"
for meeting minutes, and HERE
for a PDF of the "How to Apply to Vet School" PowerPoint.
Oct 4th (Tue) - First bake sale! Founder's breezeway 11am
- Thank you to the volunteers that baked items and/or came out to sit
Oct 11th - Club meeting and Guest Speaker, Dr. Anderson, an
exotics veterinary specialist. Dr. Anderson is bringing some of
her exotic animals to come visit the club! Don't miss this meeting!
Oct 15 (Sat) - Open House! 8am - 1:30
Thursday Oct 20th - Pie a Professor for Pets event
2 - 5pm on Founder's Hall! Fundraiser for DogGone Shelter Intervention
located in Latta, SC. What a blast this was this year! Many thanks
to faculty volunteers Kristin Kiely, Enoch Adogla, Nicole Panza, Eddile
Harding, Jon Tuttle, Lisa Pike, and Chief Tarbell! You guys were awesome,
and you helped us to raise $261! Click the following for facebook
2 , Video
3. Click HERE
for a photo album from the Pie event.
Oct 22 (Sat) - Marion Animal Shelter
Doggone Shelter Halloween Event 10am - 3pm
- come to participate or donate. Bring your favorite pet with a costume
to compete for the best costume contest! You can also enter for the
"best trick" contest. Or you can simply help out by walking
- We also need volunteers to help bring the donations from the supply
drive and the Pie a Professor fundraiswer. C'mon - don't you want to
glory hog all the awesome volunteer work and service you've provided
the Doggone Happy Animal Rescue??? They will be happy to see you!
Oct 28 (Fri) - 12:30 - 3:30pm.
we need volunteers to help collect all the supply drive boxes (with
donations) to bring to Dr. Barbeau's car for transport.
Nov 1 (Tue) - Club meeting in LSF 202
at 4:30. Guest speaker Joanne Ludwick from Narrow Way Ranch - a
certified pet therapist for special needs children and adults. What
a great meeting! She brought animal visitors! A dog, ferret, bearded
dragon (lizard), snake, and tarantula! Click HERE
for meeting minutes.
Please bring your baked goods to student Chem lounge on 3rd floor of
MSB by Thursday Nov 3rd at 9am!
Nov 3 (Thur) - Bake sale! Founder's
breezeway 11am - 2pm
- We need volunteers to sit tables during this time.
Nov 12 (Sat) Open House!
8am - 1:30
- We need volunteers to sit table with poster and Pre-Vet club pamphlet
handouts to tell students what we're about!
Nov 29 (Tue) - Final Club meeting of semester. LSF 202 at 4:40pm.
Come for Pizza, Ugly Christmas Sweater contest, and gift exchange game
(keep gifts low-cost!)
- Click HERE for meeting
- We've designed the Pre-Vet Club T-shirt for 2017! If you have
paid club dues this fall semester, your t-shirt is covered, but you
need to contact Dr. Barbeau (see email link above) to notify what size
you need. If you haven't paid dues, speak with Dr. Barbeau. Also, you
don't have to be a Pre-Vet Club member to buy a T-shirt. If you love
this T-shirt and want to help support our club, contact Dr. Barbeau
by Jan 27th, 2017 to place your order.
volunteers for their Holiday Lights for PAWS!
- They need people to help serve as greeters, help with hot chocolate
and cookies, and to help with parking and traffic at the event.
- They will have a 1/4 mile walk, through a winding trail filled with
holiday lights and displays, going on daily between November 26th - Dec
- They STILL need volunteers for these dates: 11/27 12/08 12/16 12/20
12/21 12/22 and 12/23 (only need 3 or 4 for the 23rd).
- The time period is from 5:30 until 9:30 for each evening for setup and
clean up afterwards. The public is invited to attend from 6 - 9:30, so
final cleanup actually takes place a little after 9:30.
- Location is The Sholts Family, 3251 Mears Drive, in Florence (near Forest
Spring Dates to Remember!
Fair - Tues
Jan 17th, 2017.
- We need 2 volunteers to sit the table and talk to students about the
Pre-Vet Club: who we are and what we do.
Pre-Vet Club meeting of 2017 - Thurs
Jan 19th, 2017.
- Elections of new club President, Vice President, and Secretary!
- Discuss T-shirt order (get quantity and sizes)
- Discuss activities for the semester.