Associate Professor of Biology
Coordinator: Pre-Veterinary Program
Coordinator: Program for Undergraduate Research Experience (PURE)
Human Physiology (Biol 236)
Human Anatomy (Biol 205)
Biology of Sex (Biol 213)
Senior Seminar (Biol 499)
|Desiree Jones E-mail|
|Vice-President||Tyler Wright E-mail|
|Secretary||Bre'Anah Davis E-mail and Kendal Berry E-mail|
|Treasurer||Tamatha Barbeau E-mail|
|Public Affairs Officer||Beth McDanial E-mail|
|Faculty Advisor||Tamatha Barbeau, Ph.D., Pre-Vet Coordinator E-mail|
Club Officers: To keep up with SGA's Guidelines for Student Organizations please see the FMU's Student Organization Guide and Policy Handbook! It contains information about re-chartering the club each year, reserving rooms and facilities for club meetings and activites, submitting updated club reports when officer elections happen, downloading Fundraising Forms and Statement Reports, and other important club duties. If the club wants to plan an event on campus (fundraisers,invite speakers, or activities), put up posters around campus, get events listed in the campus paper, or place notices or advertisements on mass media open to the public, please consult the online Planning Events & Programs, Guidelines and Responsibilities. It is up to you to be familiar with rules, regulations, and procedures for club activities. If you ever have questions please ask the Associate Dean of Students, LaTasha Brand, or the Dean of Students, Teresa Ramey.
FMU Pre-Vet Facebook Page (Francis Marion Prevet)
Twitter = @FMU_Prevet_club
Instagram = FMU_Prevet
Fall 2017 activities:
Club dues ($10) for the year are due by Friday Sep 29th. Please contact Dr. Barbeau
First Club Meeting
- Wed Sep 23rd at 4:30 pm in LSF 202. Pizza! Click HERE for meeting
FMU Club Activites Fair is Thur Sep 7th fro 1 - 4pm in the UC. Please come to represent our club and talk to new students about what the FMU Pre-Vet club does! We need volunteers. Please contact Dr. Barbeau (E-mail) if you can help out, even if only for an hour..
2nd Club Meeting - Wed Sep 23rd at 4pm in LSF 202. We have many things to discuss:
- Let's discuss the Campus visit by the Florence County Sheriff's K9 Unit on Tues Oct 24th between 3:30 - 5pm. Need to decide location and get going on advertising event on campus. We need as many club members as possible to be there as show of unity and to promote our club's presence on the campus.
- Let's also discuss when to hold the supply drive for the Marion County Humane Society.
- We also need to discuss other possible activities this semester:
> Falconry demonstration,
> visit by Joanne Ludwick of Narrow Way Ranch with her pet therapy animals,
> End-of-Semester "Pause for Paws" event - Work with local shelter to host having puppies or kittens on campus during finals week to help de-stress students (and faculty)! How can we make this happen?
3rd club meeting - Wed Oct 18th at 4pm in LSF 202
- We need to organize the Sheriff's K9 unit visit on Tue Oct 23rd. We need volunteers!
- We need to schedule people to bake items and sit tables for our spooky Halloween bake sale for Mon Oct 30th.
Last club meeting - Wed Nov 18th at 4pm in LSF 202
- Let's brainstorm for next semester! What do we want the club to do?
- Are we planning on competing in the spring FMU Homecoming parade?
Written by Tamatha Barbeau, 2004. This web site is for educational purposes; if you own an image on this site and would like it removed or used with permission, or if you have comments, corrections, or suggestions, please contact me.